Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tasmania

Tasmania is so beautiful!  Mountains (high enough to have snow), lakes, rivers, lots of trees ... any nature nut would love it here.  In fact, their license plate slogan is "TASMANIA - YOUR NATURAL STATE".  I thought this slogan was quite humorous the first time I saw it!

Luke and I have decided to rent a car to go see some of the sights around Hobart these next two days.  Hopefully tomorrow we will see the Huron valley with all of of the trees and scenic lookouts, and Thursday we hope to see some Tasmania Devils and the convict prison at Port Arthur.  Both are going to be super long days, as I'm sure we'll get lot a couple of times and we'll want to see as much as we can.  Hopefully the driving on the left side thing won't confuse us that much! 

I can't believe we've been traveling for 18 days already!  It seems like only yesterday that we were leaving Calgary!  I'm definitely have to plan a trip back to Australia sometime.  We haven't even touched the North or West coasts on this trip!

Well, I'd better get to bed early as we will be picking up the car at 8:30 am tomorrow, and then heading west long the coast.  Oh, two random things before I go:  The river that terminates in Hobart is the Derwent River (same name as Dad's hometown), and we hope to see the Cadbury Chocolate Factory on Friday before we leave!

Love you all,
Andrea



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh yes! You should definitely visit the Cadbury chocolate factory! I'm not sure if my family actually went there or just bought some chocolate, but I was the delighted recipient of two gigantic bars from Cadbury's, when they returned from Australia, last summer. Wow, that was a very terribly constructed sentence... :S

I'm writing my LAST paper of summer session II, right now. Almost done!